CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 7, 2008

THERE WILL ONLY BE ONE YVES SAINT LAURENT



It took me so long to write about death of Yves Saint Laurent, my sadness and sense of loss (that I'm sure everyone in the fashion community feels), because one doesn't know where to start regarding his innovations and contributions to the world of fashion. Regardless of what I felt I knew or didn't know, I couldn't not mention his influence on fashion and call myself a fashionista. I found some great videos that show some of the designer's great gifts and wonderful quotes. Working for the Yves Saint Laurent boutique in Neiman Marcus, I was able to see what women were loyally clamoring after: strong, sleek elegance; power; sexiness; worldliness. It hurts when we lose a legend, but are thankful that they leave us something to cherish them by. Merci beaucoup, Monsieur Saint Laurent.


Digg this

0 comments: