CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 8, 2008

FIVE SHOWS TO WATCH

With the slew of crappy shows on T.V., most which make you feel that you've wasted an hour of your life, I've decided to share my list of five can't-miss shows.


1. Chelsea Lately- I have a certain level of respect for smart-asses (myself included ;) and Chelsea Handler is no exception. She is blunt, not politically correct, says what's on her mind, and like anyone who makes fun of other people should, makes fun of herself. It's hilarious and refreshing and I randomly miss an episode. The great thing about E! is that they repeat their shows 20,000 times, so if you can't watch it weeknights at 11:30/10:30c, you can catch up the next day. Watch it if you want a hysterical take on pop culture.

2. Greek- Since I was in a sorority, I wanted to watch this show when it first came out to see if it's accurate in its portrayal of Greek life. I may have caught an episode but never got into it or even remembered what channel it was on. OMG (as many sorority girls would say), what an incredible show. ABC Family featured a Greek all-day marathon ending with the season finale. I'm officially hooked. This show should be the next big thing (and yes, it's pretty accurate). Watch it (Mondays 8/7c). Love it. Thank me later.

3. Daily 10- OK, by now you may have surmised (big word of the day!!!) that I am a fan of E! Television. Can't help it. Since I'm such a huge fan of anything pop-culture, I automatically turn to E! and VH1 to see what's on. Daily 10 (weeknights 7:30/6:30c and midnight/11c), though it pretty much gives you the same top pop culture stories that E! News (which is shown right before it) does, it has it's own fun, stylish flavor. With segments on fashion, music, movies and beauty (each with an expert giving their latest tips and opinions), and it's young, beautiful and hip hosts (Debbie Matenopoulos, Catt Sadler and Sal Masekela), it's the pop culture show to watch. For all the fashionistas, I'd recommend watching just for the awesome fashion.

4. The Tyra Banks Show- OK, Tyra Banks, from what I've heard, can be a little egocentric and annoying. She's also endearing, sweet, funny, honest, and doesn't mind making a crack at herself. I find myself gravitating to her show for the wide range of topics (from fashion to relationship help to self-image issues) and her willingness to put herself on the line to prove her point. She dressed up in a fat suit to feel the emotions a plus size woman feels, displayed her weight on a bathing suit she wore along with her audience, and shares her experience on every topic that is brought up on the show. Watch to learn something, be entertained or just to watch Tyra be silly.

5. Denise Richards- It's Complicated- You can't help but watch this show (although you don't feel as bad as you do after watching anything with Flavor Flav in it). After so much gossip, we finally get to hear what Denise Richards has to say in her defense about the whole Charlie Sheen/Richie Sambora/Heather Locklear drama. After that, you will be surprised to see that she is just a mom and a daughter and a sister, who happens to have a huge potty mouth and wants to breed her pig Charlotte. It's not the most exciting show and I can't say that I can't live without it, but for some reason, I keep tuning in to see what's going to happen next, and you probably will too. Check it out on E! (big shocker) Sundays at 10/9c.

Digg this

0 comments: