CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 25, 2008

THE DARK LIP IS TRES HIP


As I took a moment to catch up with my magazine reading, flipping through the stack of Vogue and Elle magazines, I discovered a strong trend for Spring and Fall 2008. Ads for Dior, Nars and other big name companies featured the renaissance of the vamp--dark lips, skinny arched brows and serious attitude. Runway shows also featured this striking look, made popular in the 20s by such starlets as Jean Harlow. If you want to get the dark lip right, I suggest looking at Harlow and other stars of the time, who truly pulled off an effortless yet chic and polished look. Always remember to keep the eyes lighter, as you want one feature to stand out while the others are subdued. If your eyes are dark, your lips are not and vice versa. Sometimes you can have a somewhat smoky eye while rocking dark lips, but don't overdo it, unless you want to be mistaken for one of those girls in the Robert Palmer videos.

P.S. If you didn't know, Robert Palmer did kick ass. I may just dress up as a Robert Palmer video girl for Halloween, though I wouldn't rock the look on the regular. I'd be "Simply Irresistable!!!"

Digg this

0 comments: