CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 14, 2011

STORE CLOSING: ARTIST-XCHANGE GALLERY

Artist Xchange


I am SO sad to hear that the Artist-Xchange Gallery, located at 3169 16th Street, in the Mission, has closed. The owner, Scott Mitchell, and store manager Catherine Tacorda, were great to work with.

Artist-Xchange was truly a place where artists could feel supported and promoted. The first Friday of every month, they'd host an "artist opening," where artists could mingle, the public can interact with us and buy work, and everyone could enjoy a drink and live music courtesy of a DJ. I almost always got a monthly check from items I sold there, including vintage curtain tote bags, jewelry, crocheted bangles and Portable Pockets.

I'm hoping that their online site and store will stay up (will keep you posted as I learn the deets; click on the logo above to visit). I will miss the eclectic, artsy presence of the Artist-Xchange on 16th St. and in the Mission in general.

Digg this

0 comments: