CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 6, 2008

THE ALEXTHEARTISTE JAM OF THE WEEK: "I'M FREE"

THE WHO "I'M FREE"

This week ended my corporate office career--I was laid off. I'm relieved because I didn't enjoy the work that much anymore. It paid well and was secure, but my heart is in my art. Now I am going to use my severance package to pay a few months of rent in advance and do what I really want to do. It's incredibly scary to try to survive on what makes you happy, to avoid being a starving artist (or ARTISTE in my case). You have to work twice as hard to make it a reality, but the rewards are yours. Not a corporate company's that makes millions of dollars a year, not to build up other people's dreams and goals, but your own. I've always been terrified of getting stuck with a "regular job" just because it pays the bills, and feeling that I never truly exhausted my chances at making it big with my talents. If you can do it, even if you think you can't, FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS!!! "I'm free. I'm free. And freedom tastes of reality. I'm free. I'm free. And I'm waiting for you to follow me."

Digg this